Sometimes you can do it alone; sometimes you need guidance and expertise in order to get the job done right. Filing your child’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or transitioning to an Individual Education Plan (IEP) is a process that may require professional assistance. Negotiating the best educational plan for your child is one of the most important gifts you can give them as what you decide will impact them for years to come. When advocating for your child, do your research and get support from a professional or a friend.

“Who is rich? He/she who rejoices in his/her portion.”

Pirkei Avot - Ethics of the Fathers

Individualized Education Program

Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a law that makes available a free appropriate public education to eligible children with disabilities throughout the nation and ensures special education and related services to those children.

504 Plans

What Is a 504 Plan? 504 plans are formal plans that schools develop to give kids with disabilities the supports they need. These plans prevent discrimination and protect the rights of kids with disabilities in school. 504 Plans are covered under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act , which is a civil rights law.

Early Intervention Rights
What are early intervention services for children? What does it include? Does my child qualify? What should I do if I am not happy with evaluations, programs or services?

Americans Live With an Autism Spectrum Disorder
of Children Have Been Diagnosed with a Developmental Disability