About the Site
The website is accessible for users with disabilities, voluntarily meeting Section 508 standards for information technology (a Rehabilitation Act requirement for federal agencies).
The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The Jewish Abilities Alliance does not recommend or endorse any businesses or service providers. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any of the organizations or providers listed or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Broward County Resources
Your Broward County Jewish Abilities Alliance (BCJAA) Site Administrator
- Sharlene Glassman, MS – Joshua’s Path Caregiver Support and Education Manager (CSEM) & BCJAA Site Administrator – Sharlene is available to assist you in navigating the BCJAA site and to offer you caring support in your planning and search for information. Contact Sharlene at SGlassman@jfsbroward.org or at 954-909-0822.
Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County (Goodman JFS)
Goodman JFS is a Jewish social service agency dedicated to empowering individuals, strengthening families, protecting the vulnerable and helping seniors age safely and with dignity in their homes by providing innovative social services and programs to the Broward community. The work of Goodman JFS is based on Jewish values to improve quality of life regardless of race, religion, ethnic background or sexual orientation. Welcoming individuals from across the broad spectrum of Broward County residents, Goodman JFS services include:
- Behavioral Health Associates of Broward, Counseling Centers of Goodman JFS – providing compassionate clinical counseling, support workshops and psychological testing and evaluation
- Holocaust Survivors Assistance program
- Family Link Care Management services for older adults and people with disabilities
- Domestic Abuse counseling and support programs
- Joshua’s Path Disability Services
- The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard − a kosher food pantry aiming to wipe out hunger in the Jewish community
- JET Express − helping older adults remain active and independent by accessing safe and reliable door-to-door transportation with community volunteersGoodman JFS of Broward (GJFS) is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization, providing programs and services to those in need in Broward County since 1963.
A copy of the official registration SC-00196 and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling 800-435-7352 within the State or visiting www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the State.